Monday, January 27, 2014

So I happen to be half black and half white. And this has been a major struggle for me most of my life. In younger grades I hated my darker skin so I wore my mothers makeup to appear lighter (I couldn’t get ahold of bleaches) and it was difficult cause I changed my hair and everything. And now attempting to become more comfortable with who I am I get shamed for saying I’m black because I’m not “full black” or the “right type of black” it’s just getting to the point where I’m tired of stupid ppl

Exactly – “Stupid people” they don’t know who you are, YOU know who you are. Don’t ever let someone define you or tell you what you are not. You don’t even have to be biracial to receive ignorant comments like that. To this day I have Africans tell me I’m not black because I don’t know my native language. I know who I am though, and I’m aware that not knowing my language does not make me any less black then those who do. Please don’t allow others to make you feel like you don’t have any claim to the black race. If you get down to the point, why are they even worrying about you claiming your black side? Why does it matter to them? It shouldn’t. Think about those things and ask yourself why it bothers you? As long as YOU know who you are, the little things they say won’t phase you.


Wishing you all the best, from one sister to another :) xoxo


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1mOdcAD

via IFTTT








from WordPress http://ift.tt/1esp9HD

via IFTTT

No comments: